Tuesday 12 October 2010

It's always the little guy that starts it.

Three months ago Tim, my egg man, handed me something really quite special. So now after power cuts, mix ups, deaths, pre orders, a journalist, recipes and far too many phone calls...my new supply of quail is ready. Quail are fantastic little birds full of flavour, delicate and always tender, but unfortunately so often unloved in their rearing. Tomorrow I'm off to Lower End Farm to meet these little chaps, and more importantly, to taste them. The plan is we'll cook a nice simple recipe in the kitchen of the farm house, then bring some back to HQ and set about creating something for our menus here...I'm already hungry! What's more, Clare from The Independent is going write a piece on it, highlighting the work that goes into producing good food way before me and my chef's get our hands on it. Then, if all's going to plan, I'll have a the finest quails in the country on our menus! Now if that's not something to get excited about!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment