Tuesday 2 November 2010

Past and Times


Sunday was my first day off in two weeks.  I needed to get on the bank.  Craig and I were trying to catch those impossible barbel down at Claverton Weir but all was quiet and the fish were definitely not biting. What to do? Where are those fish?  Then my mobile broke the morning's silence...
MC was calling! On a Sunday! Something was up!

The Sunday Times had released their top 200 UK restaurants and Chef was ringing with congratulations.

   “Sam, Bath Priory came in 39th, that’s two in the top 50 !!!!”

The night before I was congratulating Chef with Gidleigh's first place.  The next morning Chef is congratulating us.  3rd best in the West.  Not bad.

So Craig's and my spirits were lifted.  A fish or two seemed like a sure thing... but no, cook and cook well we can, but catch a fish?  Well we'll see, there’s always next time!

Straight back to it again and with a busy MC lunch on Thursday, there's no time to dwell on awards won or fish lost.  There is a small mountain of wild mushrooms to prep, shoulders of beef to braise and milk chocolate Daquoise to assemble. 

LOVE IT! 

No comments:

Post a Comment